Sunday 10 February 2013

Introduction to bojjenclon

'Sup, name's Cornell. I'm kind of a weird dude who's into programming, gaming, and the guitar. I consider myself a bit of a romantic, but that doesn't really matter to fans of this blog so I won't get into that. :P People online usually know me as bojjenclon, or boj for short. I've never met anyone else with that username, so if you think I might be an old friend there's a good chance I am.

The three things I value most in life are love, music, and programming. I can't really make a career out of the first one, and as much as I love music I just don't want the musician's life, so that leaves programming. I really have a passion for programming (AKA coding) and I want to make a career out of it.

When it comes to gaming, I'm somewhere between casual and hardcore. I'm definitely not a casual gamer, as things like Farmville don't entertain me in the slightest. However, most "hardcore" gamers are the type of people who think a game has to be 100% flawless (meaning the graphics, story, and gameplay all have to be top notch), the game has to innovate in some way, there needs to be loads of achievements/easter eggs, etc. They also tend to be very competitive. I don't necessarily agree with all of those things. I love innovation, and I definitely like a game to look good, have a good story, and have great gameplay mechanics. But that isn't everything. For me gaming is a fun experience. It's a chance to enjoy yourself in a way you can't with other mediums. That's why I don't focus on any one particular part of a game. It's also the reason for me not being incredibly competitive, as I feel it subtracts from the overall experience.

My favorite game genre is the RPG, or Role Playing Game. I love the immersion and freedom in games like that. My favorite game of all time is The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. My second favorite game would probably be Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube. I'm a huge fan of games that give freedom without becoming overtly complicated. This is a difficult thing to balance, and as such not many games have accomplished it, but the few that have are very high on my favorites list. My least favorite genre would probably be sports games. I don't get a whole lot of enjoyment out of them.

Well, that about sums me up. Watch out for more posts by me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment