Saturday 9 February 2013

Introduction to the Awesomecake

Hi there. I'm Liam, but on the intermernets I go by the name of Awesomecake. I like long walks on the beach, and killing virtual woodland creatures. I was born and live in the United Great Britianland.

I'm a bit of a strange fella. But that's not really a bad thing. I like to speak my mind, and if my mind can only speak in profanities, fuck it, why not. I don't really care about an age rating, or censorship  or anything like that. I say what I want to say how I want to say it.

I've always been a gamer. Not overly hardcore, but enough to know what's what. I can't say I'm someone who doesn't care about graphics or sound. Lots of "retro" gamers say that that kind of thing doesn't influence their thoughts of a game, but for me it does. Nowadays,n graphics and presentation need to be coupled with story and the overall execution of the game. And you can't really say that past games didn't rely on that, because they did. If you look at the earliest Final Fantasy games, for example, you'll see that they payed an incredible amount of attention to the detail of the graphics, even if they were tiny 8bit sprites.

I like playing pretty much all kinds of games. My favourite genre is probably Action RPG games or JRPGs, and my least favourite would be Sports and Simulation games. My favourite game of all time (So far) is Kingdom Hearts 2, and it's almost tied for the place with Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. I love the Pokémon series of games, but would hesitate to say it's my favourite over Kingdom Hearts. Did I mention I love Kingdom Hearts? I love to play whichever is the newest Call of Duty. Mostly because it's easy to play ad provides a nice amount of progression and action, and because I'm not half bad at it. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not one of those hardcore fanboys that annoy everyone. And I'm not one of those stupid people that preach about it being the best CoD game to date for a week, and then switch to the last iteration saying that it was better and the new one is shit. With every new game. I mean really, just go back to CoD 1 and be happy already. /rant

Enough about me. I'm sure you'll learn more about me as I post more of my inane ramblings. See ya around. My next post will be explaining my odd format for game reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment